We talk a lot about what people want, how to make them happy and ultimately how to make them loyal. It’s not rocket science, but you must be committed to delivering service that is personalized if you want your clients to recommend you to others. This weekend Seth Godin posted a blog that sums it up.
What (people) want
What do customers, friends, the socially networked, users, neighbors, classmates, servers, administrators, employees… maybe even brands… want?
do what I say
miss me if I’m gone
Source: Seth Godin’s Blog
When our days get jammed packed full of to-dos, sometimes we forget to look up and realize we are dealing with people every day. People just like you and I and we all want the same things in the service we receive. Spend some time with your team brainstorming and create a plan on how your team can sincerely communicate with your clients during the sales process.
- Send hand written thank you cards
- Take note of birthdays, anniversaries, and child births and send a card/gift to congratulate
- If your client is having a tough day, surprise them movie tickets or a gift card for a cup of coffee
- Welcome them back after vacation
- Respond to them within 2 hours of receiving their email or phone call (even if it’s just to let them know you need a little more time)